On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 04:43:29 -0500
Monty Montgomery <xiphm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> BTW, if I sounded ungrateful for the comment, I didn't mean to be.  I
> was hoping for this kind of challenge to my specific proposal points
> on the theory that if I can't defend then, I shouldn't be implementing
> them.  Hermanr already scored a direct hit :-)

I'm always open to discussion. I'm not even that versed in graphics
processing, so I appreciate the clarifications.

I found [1], where even the Intel engineers are not quite convinced one
way or another, except that the operations should be vectorized for use
with SSE if at all possible.

BTW, I like the 0=Black/1=White choice. I suppose that the original foot/
headspace came from analog tolerances?

[1] http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/306267