The slower one is also pegging the cpu, same hardware as the other. sh proc cpu | i RIB 99 0 1 0 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% 0 IPv6 RIB Redistr 102 517640 2890 179114 60.53% 58.54% 58.39% 0 IP RIB Update
Jason LeBlanc wrote: > I know one end is Cisco, a 7600/Sup720, no idea what code. The other > end I have no clue. I added the mtu, no change as of yet. In 2.5 hrs > I've gotten 1087 prefixes on one, in 1 hr I've gotten 631 on the other. > I've never seen this move so slowly. > > Jared Mauch wrote: > >> On Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 12:42:14PM -0400, Jason LeBlanc wrote: >> >> >>> I'm wondering if I have something that is by design or if something else >>> is slowing my routers down. I have two 2811s with 768 megs running >>> 12.4(4)T3, each connected to different upstreams via fast ethernet. I'm >>> using prefix lists to limit them to /22, but I should have enough ram >>> for a full /24 view. My problem is that anytime I clear a neighbor it >>> takes them hours to learn all the prefixes again, which has forced me to >>> add static defaults to compensate. My cpu is 2-4% during this, so I >>> can't see how its cpu bound. Anyone have any ideas? >>> >>> >> Enable "ip tcp path-mtu-discovery" globally. >> >> that should help. If they're also using a Juniper, >> some much older code had some odd propogation properties. They >> may need to upgrade code. I think this was back in 4.x or 5.x. >> >> - Jared >> >> >> > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
