On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 15:15 +0000, MKS wrote: > > The release is a unicast from client to server, so why do you need it to > > be relayed? > > > > You are right, it isn't relayed but for some strange reason i got this > in my logs (the cisco has a helper address) > > *Apr 15 15:47:42.249: DHCPD: DHCPRELEASE message received from client > 0100.1094.00ff.13 > *Apr 15 15:47:42.249: DHCPD: 10.17.255.20 is not a local address. > *Apr 15 15:47:42.257: DHCPD: Reload workspace interface Vlan459 tableid 2. > *Apr 15 15:47:42.257: DHCPD: tableid for 10.0.0.1 on Vlan459 is 2 > *Apr 15 15:47:42.257: DHCPD: client's VPN is . > *Apr 15 15:47:42.257: DHCPD: DHCPRELEASE message received > > I'm unable to reproduce this. It's probalby just an error on my side;)
Hmm... maybe the client wants to use the gateway (giaddr) for forwarding releases, although I can't see why it would. Releases are strictly speaking optional (RFC2131 3.2.4) by the way, so unless this causes you some other problems, like starvation of address pools, I think you can ignore it. Regards, Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
