Hi all,

I have a 2940 switch with an SFP based gigabit uplink port. Im plugging it
into an Alcatel radio unit, which seems to be reporting that the link is
up (there is a tick showing up in the management interface that represents
"Port Up" which also goes away when I unplug the fibre), but on the Cisco
I see the following:

Switch#sh int gi0/1
GigabitEthernet0/1 is standby mode, line protocol is down (disabled)

Switch#sh ip int brief
Interface            IP-Address   OK? Method Status         Protocol
GigabitEthernet0/1   unassigned   YES unset  standby mode   down

Given what I said above about the Alcatel unit, it seems as though perhaps
the Alcatel is receiving signal from the Cisco, but the Cisco isnt
recognising anything. Have tried different fibre leads, plugging into
different devices, different SFPs, but nothing.

Does anyone have any idea what "standby mode" means, and whether it could
be responsible for this behaviour?

Ive done a bit of searching to try and find out what this means, but have
so far come accross nothing that helps. Hoping someone here will have some
ideas.

Thanks,
Tom

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to