This doesn't look right

LMI enq sent  355, LMI stat recvd 0, LMI upd recvd 0, DTE LMI down

I would think your router would be receiving LMI from the switch. If the switch is sending LMI, I would check to make sure the LMI protocol is the same on both ends

frame-relay lmi-type ansi

"Three LMI options are available: ansi, Cisco, and q933a. They represent the ANSI Annex D, Cisco, and ITU Q933-A (Annex A) LMI types, respectively. The no form of the frame-relay lmi-type command removes the explicit LMI type configured on the interface. Take note that after the explicit LMI type configuration is removed from an interface, the LMI autosense feature is used again for LMI type discovery on that interface."

From the web site

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=170741&seqNum=3



Paul A wrote:
Hi all, I'm  having a few problems with ATM to Frame and I'm hoping someone
here can help.

I have a customer DSL line that terminates on a cisco 7200, the 7200 is
doing Frame Relay-to-ATM Service Interworking (FRF.8). On the 7200 I'm using a Multi-Channel T1/Pri card that connects to my frame
switch over a T1 cross connect cable that I made and tested.

DSL circuit----> 7200 --> Frame switch --> Customer Frame circuit

When I look at the 7200, I can see that the ATM pvc for the DSL circuit is
up but the serial interface associated with the multi-channel t1 card is
showing line up protocol down.
I'm thinking the issue at this point is between the 7200 and the frame
switch although I don't think it's the config, if it is I'm sure someone
will point it out.

No matter what I do I can't get protocol on the serial interface. I have
switched t1 x connect cables and double checked timing, frame switch is set
for internal timing while the 7200's serial is set for loop/line. Both
devices are set for b8zs/esf etc.


Here is the configuration on the 7200.

sh atm pvc 2/357
Description: To my dsl customers dsl line
ATM5/0: VCD: 2, VPI: 2, VCI: 357
VBR-NRT, PeakRate: 384 (906 cps), Average Rate: 384 (906 cps)
Burst Cells: 64
AAL5-FRATMSRV, etype:0x15, Flags: 0x23, VCmode: 0x0, Encapsize: 0
OAM cells received: 34
OAM cell drops: 0
Status: UP


controller T1 6/0
 framing esf
 fdl ansi
 linecode b8zs
 cablelength short 133
 channel-group 0 timeslots 24

interface ATM5/0
 no ip address
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 ip route-cache policy
 ip route-cache flow
 load-interval 30
 no atm oversubscribe
 atm scrambling cell-payload
 atm uni-version 3.1
 atm ilmi-keepalive
 arp arpa
 arp timeout 0
pvc 2/357
  description To My DSL customer
  vbr-nrt 384 384 64
  encapsulation aal5mux fr-atm-srv
interface Serial6/0:0
 description For ADSL to FRAME Mappings - routed 1490
 bandwidth 1536
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay IETF
 frame-relay interface-dlci 33 switched
 frame-relay lmi-type ansi
!

And lastly to map the atm to frame and translate it.

connect ADSL2FRAMEDPVC Serial6/0:0 33 ATM5/0 2/357 service-interworking


this is what im seeing because I'm assuming there's no protocol on the
serial interface.

sh controllers t1 6/0
T1 6/0 is up.
  Applique type is Channelized T1
  Cablelength is short 133
  No alarms detected.
  alarm-trigger is not set
  Soaking time: 3, Clearance time: 10
  AIS State:Clear  LOS State:Clear  LOF State:Clear

Serial6/0:0 is up, line protocol is down
  Hardware is Multichannel T1
  Description: For ADSL to FRAME Mappings - routed 1490
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1536 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
     reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation FRAME-RELAY IETF, crc 16, Data non-inverted
  Keepalive set (10 sec)
  LMI enq sent  355, LMI stat recvd 0, LMI upd recvd 0, DTE LMI down

sh connection all

ID   Name               Segment 1            Segment 2           State
========================================================================
9    ADSL2FRAMEDPVC     Serial6/0:0 33       ATM5/0 2/357        OPER DOWN



_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to