I'm testing a VSS solution for our campus network, most things seem to work as expected. I ran however into problems when testing the eFSU upgrade procedure.
The system came with ip base 12.33SXH4 on, I created the cluster with this version without problem (although the notes state that you should use at least ip services). I upgraded the system the traditional way to ip base 12.33 SXI without problem. The I decided to test the eFSU upgrade procedure (available from 12.33SXI) which should give no downtime at all (if all your connections are trunks to both chassis). I tried to upgrade from ip base 12.33SXI to ip services 12.33SXI. This however failed and kept my standby chassis continuously booting until I removed the VSS connection between both (I forgot to activate the issu rollback timer...) This were the messages i got 1) On the master : 01:01:47: %PFREDUN-SW2_SP-4-PHYSMEM_MISMATCH: Asymmetrical redundant configuration: Active SP has (1048576/8192K) memory, Standby has (1048576/65536K). 01:01:47: %PFREDUN-SW2_SP-4-PHYSMEM_MISMATCH: Asymmetrical redundant configuration: Active RP has (1048576/8192K) memory, Standby has (1048576/65536K). 01:01:48: %PFREDUN-SW2_SP-6-ACTIVE: Standby initializing for RPR mode 01:01:50: %ISSU-SW2_SP-4-FSM_INCOMP: Version of local ISSU client ISSU ifs client(110) in session 327962 is incompatible with remote side. 01:01:50: %RFS-SW2_SP-3-START_NEGO_SESSION: RFS nego (327962:262609) to [issu:rfs:Secondary RFS Server Port:0x3050000] failed: [ISSU_RC_NEGO_ERROR] 01:02:21: %RF-SW2_SP-5-RF_RELOAD: Peer reload. Reason: RF Client RFS RF(520) notification timeout 01:02:22: %VSLP-SW2_SP-3-VSLP_LMP_FAIL_REASON: Te2/5/4: Disabled by Peer Reload Request 01:02:22: %VSLP-SW2_SP-2-VSL_DOWN: Last VSL interface Te2/5/4 went down 01:02:22: %VSLP-SW2_SP-2-VSL_DOWN: All VSL links went down while switch is in ACTIVE role 01:02:23: %PFREDUN-SW2_SP-6-ACTIVE: Standby processor removed or reloaded, changing to Simplex mode 01:02:23: %RF-SW2_SP-3-NOTIF_TMO: Notification timer Expired for RF Client: RFS RF(520) 01:02:24: %RF-SW2_SP-5-RF_RELOAD: Peer reload. Reason: Proxy request to reload peer 2) On the slave : *Feb 3 10:48:12.695: %ISSU-SW1_SPSTBY-3-FSM_MISMATCH_MTU: ISSU nego failed for client ISSU ifs client(110) entity_id 113 session 65694 due to mismatch of mtu size 36 & 72. -Traceback= 40252F70 4025350C 40969458 417A050C 417A0578 40966980 40966BE0 40966FD8 409A8FFC 4042FD60 40447984 4088E6C0 4088E6AC *Feb 3 10:48:12.735: %ISSU-SW1_SPSTBY-4-FSM_INCOMP: Version of local ISSU client ISSU ifs client(110) in session 65694 is incompatible with remote side. *Feb 3 10:48:12.735: %RFS-SW1_SPSTBY-3-START_NEGO_SESSION: RFS nego (65694:65693) to [issu:rfs:65536:0x10000] failed: [ISSU_RC_NEGO_ERROR] *Feb 3 10:48:43.551: %SYS-SW1_SPSTBY-5-RELOAD: Reload requested - From Active Switch (Reload peer unit). *Feb 3 10:48:45.071: %VSLP-SW1_SPSTBY-3-VSLP_LMP_FAIL_REASON: 5/4 : Link down *Feb 3 10:48:45.071: %VSLP-SW1_SPSTBY-2-VSL_DOWN: Last VSL interface 5/4 went down *Feb 3 10:48:45.075: %VSLP-SW1_SPSTBY-2-VSL_DOWN: All VSL links went down while switch is in Standby role *Feb 3 10:48:45.083: %SATVS_IBC-SW1_SPSTBY-5-VSL_DOWN_SCP_DROP: VSL inactive - dropping cached SCP packet: (SA/DA:0x4/0x4, SSAP/DSAP:0x2/0x1, OP/SEQ:0x1E/0x13, SIG/INFO:0x1/0x501, eSA:0000.0500.0000) *Feb 3 10:48:46.127: %SYS-SW1_SPSTBY-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by Delayed Reload. Reload Reason: Admin requested reload of the Standby during ISSU. *Feb 3 10:48:46.127: %OIR-SW1_SPSTBY-6-CONSOLE: Changing console ownership to switch processor Two things are strange : the message about the PFREDUN-SW2_SP-4-PHYSMEM_MISMATCH because these are 2 identical supervisor boards, secondly the mtu mismatch error. I tried to find some info about the MTU error but neither the Cisco website neither google gave any info about this errors. Anyone has an idea or just a pointer to more detailed technical detail ? There is not that much documentation on the Cisco website about VSS... Any help would be appreciated, Greetings, Wim Holemans Netwerkdienst Universiteit Antwerpen _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
