I'm in need of a SP-oriented QoS training class. We're just starting to deploy voice over G.SHDSL and bonded DS1s and are reaching out to more businesses than ever before. My meager QoS knowledge (I can spell it and talk real big) isn't cutting it anymore. I need guidance on QoS in an MPLS core, in a MetroE environment, re-coloring untrusted traffic at the edge, SP-provided voice and video (IPTV), edge product offerings that include certain QoS parameters (QoS for VoIP, gaming, etc), etc. The docs and books don't seem to be cutting it for me. I'm sure they're fine for someone with a solid background in QoS but I'm afraid that doesn't describe me. I'll pick it up I'm sure if I can spend a few days with an instructor in a classroom setting away from the phone (my phone at least).

Any suggestions? The closest thing I've been able to find is the "Advanced Cisco Quality of Service" class from GlobalKnowledge, but it appears to be aimed more towards enterprises.

http://www.globalknowledge.com/training/course.asp?pageid=9&courseid=9368&catid=206&country=United+States

On a slightly different topic, what does everyone use for monitoring voice quality for VoIP customers? Something that can capture calls and either hand us Wireshark-readable packet dumps or break it down in a web GUI for the non-Wireshark savvy to use would be great. EdgeMarc has their EdgeView server with call quality monitoring features that look good but I'm pretty sure that it requires their CPE as well which is really not what we need or want. What else is out there that SP's use for IP soft switches?

Thanks
 Justin

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to