L'argent wrote:
Gert Doering wrote:

On the interface that forms the EoMPLS bridge ("towards the customer"),
you should NOT enable any MPLS stuff.  (I'm not sure what happens if
you do, but that's not required).

Ok. Removed.

You need the MPLS stuff on the 10G interface that interconnects the
routers.

Then check "show ip cef 10.0.0.114" on this router, and it should tell
you that a MPLS path exists ("nexthop ... label yy")

I posted the ip cef detail for the two loopbacks and I don't see a label applied after the nexthop. So no MPLS path exists. What should I check next?
#sh mpls l2 binding
  Destination Address: 10.0.0.114,  VC ID: 100
    Local Label:  unassigned.
    Remote Label: unassigned

This might be due to missing "mpls ip" on the 10G link.

#sh mpls interfaces
Interface              IP            Tunnel   BGP Static Operational
GigabitEthernet4/2     Yes           No       Yes No     No

... indeed.  Don't enable MPSL on the customer-facing ports, enable it
on your "router-to-router" interfaces.

gert

So the topology looks like this:

G4/2-T5/1 <---> T5/1- G4/2.

G4/2 is customer facing.
Tengig 5/1 is router1 to router 2 facing.

Router 1's two interfaces now look like this:

interface GigabitEthernet4/2
mtu 1526
no ip address
speed nonegotiate
xconnect 10.0.0.114 100 pw-class EtherEncap

interface TenGigabitEthernet5/1
mtu 1538
ip address 10.1.1.37 255.255.255.252
mpls traffic-eng tunnels
mpls ldp discovery transport-address interface
mpls bgp forwarding
mpls label protocol ldp
mpls ip

#sh ip cef 10.0.0.114 detail
10.0.0.114/32, epoch 4
 local label info: global/50
 nexthop 10.1.1.38 TenGigabitEthernet5/1

#sh ip cef 10.0.0.114
10.0.0.114/32
 nexthop 10.1.1.38 TenGigabitEthernet5/1

and

Router 2:

interface GigabitEthernet4/2
mtu 1526
no ip address
speed nonegotiate
xconnect 10.0.0.113 100 pw-class EtherEncap

interface TenGigabitEthernet5/1
mtu 1538
ip address 10.1.1.38 255.255.255.252
mpls traffic-eng tunnels
mpls ldp discovery transport-address interface
mpls bgp forwarding
mpls label protocol ldp
mpls ip

#sh ip cef 10.0.0.113 detail
10.0.0.113/32, epoch 5
 local label info: global/21
 nexthop 10.1.1.37 TenGigabitEthernet5/1

#sh ip cef 10.0.0.113
10.0.0.113/32
 nexthop 10.1.1.37 TenGigabitEthernet5/1

----

I cleared the mpls ldp neighbors and they reestablished, but no other changes that I can determine. There does not appear to be an MPLS path between the two 10G interfaces.

sh mpls l2 binding on both routers shows unassigned labels, though the ip cef seems to show a local label assigned.

Where should I look next?

Thanks so much for the assistance so far!
Both routers are reporting this on their tengig interfaces (now):

#sh mpls interfaces detail
Interface TenGigabitEthernet5/1:
       IP labeling enabled (ldp)
       LSP Tunnel labeling enabled
       BGP labeling enabled
       MPLS operational
       MTU = 1538

I don't know if there is some thing that should be reset to "reset" the xconnect, but I've tried a shut/no-shut without success.

Thanks.