I want something that can do line rate gig, multiple streams, with reasonable buffers, multicast, MPLS in hardware, and netflow, with some number of optical ports (sfp or gbic, whatever). This is for a communications nexus - co-lo site tying together a bunch of gig WAN links, again the backup route, but I can live without NAT for this one. MPLS is not something I'm doing now but I think I need it by EOY and I don't want to not have the capability. Netflow I will get to someday when I have more manpower.
3560s seem out due to the buffering issues - I'm guessing that even in the X series it still sucks - has anyone had any practical experience with the Xs yet? I can get a 4900M but by the time I pay for that, I'm not far off a 6500 720-3B with a 6724 in dollars, and I get the whole panopoly of 6500 capabilities. A 4948 doesn't have enough optical to be safe. 4500 chassis, I dislike on principle (limited space anyway) and doesn't buy much over a 4900M anyway. Am I missing anything? _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
