The ME-6524 would be nice...they're typically in the $10k ballpark: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps6568/ps6845/ps6846/product_data_sheet0900aecd8040657e.html
<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps6568/ps6845/ps6846/product_data_sheet0900aecd8040657e.html>A thought I had would be a step down from a Sup720 - WS-SUP32-GE-3B (8 onboard SFP ports) http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps5972/product_data_sheet0900aecd801c5cab.html <http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps5972/product_data_sheet0900aecd801c5cab.html>It would get you hardware MPLS, Netflow, NAT, and some of those other nice features...for a 6506 with Sup32, you'd probably be looking at around $4k on the secondary market. You wouldn't have the line-rate gig line card options such as the 6748 or 6724, but you've already got your 8 SFP ports and could toss in a cheap-ish gig line card with big buffers that (I assume) might work fine. -- Stephen F. Cobb • Senior Sales Engineer CCNA/CCDA/DCNID/CSE/ASP/ATSA Telecoast Communications, LLC • Santa Barbara, CA o 877.677.1182 x272 • c 760.807.0570 • f 805.618.1610 aim/yahoo telecoaststephen On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists <[email protected]>wrote: > On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:21:49 -0500, you wrote: > > > I want something that can do line rate gig, multiple streams, with > > reasonable buffers, multicast, MPLS in hardware, and netflow, with some > > number of optical ports (sfp or gbic, whatever). > > > 3560s seem out due to the buffering issues > > 3560 has no MPLS and no NetFlow. > > > I can get a 4900M but by the time I pay for that > > 4900M has no MPLS and no NetFlow. > > > A 4948 doesn't have enough optical to be safe. > > 4948 has no MPLS and no NetFlow. > > > 4500 chassis > > 4500 has no MPLS, and NetFlow is only on the Sup5-10G > > > Am I missing anything? > > ME-6524? > > -A > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
