On Sunday 13 June 2010 02:29:10 am Gert Doering wrote:

> Most voices I've heard say "12.2SR* on 7200 is large
>  pain".

> A few voices said "after long testing, we've found a
>  version where everything we need is stable".

Admittedly, our 7200's are still running SRC5. All our 
customers that have wanted 4-byte ASN support are on the 
Juniper's.

But those 7200's will soon be moving to MX480's anyway. But 
we'll maintain our route reflectors as 7201's. SRC5 is solid 
on those, although we'll be moving to SRE for native 4-byte 
ASN support.

> I'm not sure how far I trust XE yet.  Given what
>  interesting "unintended features" (IOS XE has no bugs,
>  of course) Elmi has discovered, I'll stick to IOS for
>  some time.  "These features I know".

Well, what I meant was you can't avoid it if you're 
considering the ASR1000 series platform.

That said, many of the features in IOS XE are from 
12.2(33)SR* anyway.

Cheers,

Mark.

> 
> gert
> 

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to