Daniel D Jones <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> I'm SSH'd into a Sun server, and then telnetting from there, and I
> can't even Ctrl-Z, Ctrl-C, or Ctrl-X out.  I've even tried
> Ctrl-Shift-6 X without any success.  The only way I can get out of the
> session is to kill the SSH session to the Sun server.  Surely I'm
> missing something?

Sun's telnet used Ctrl-] (Control Right-Bracket) as the escape
character, by default.  You can press Ctrl-] and then give the "quit"
command to telnet, to break the connection.

-- 
David DeSimone == Network Admin == [email protected]
  "I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I
   liked it I'd eat it, and I just hate it." -- Clarence Darrow


This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been 
sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If 
you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you 
are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its 
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and 
permanently delete this message and any attachments. Verio, Inc. makes no 
warranty that this email is error or virus free.  Thank you.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to