> 
> I believe the route-target exported needs to be unique across the
entire
> routing domain (else you could have one customer import other
customers
> routes).  

Agreed, in most cases all prefixes in a given VRF share the same RT.
It's different with more complex vpn topologies than a simple any-to-any
vpn.

> RD can be different per PE router - but I'm not sure why anyone
> would want to do that.  If if someone does - can you share thoughts on
that?
 
I strongly advise using a unique RD per VRF per PE. This gives you
load-sharing and improves routing convergence when the same VRF prefix
is exported by multiple PEs (i.e. for multi-homed CEs), even when you
use route reflectors. Unique RDs are not required when you
iBGP-full-mesh all PEs, but this would be short-sighted as networks grow
and RR might be introduced later.

        oli

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to