Is there a reason that ipv6 addresses are stored with uppercase letters in config ?

We can type them in either case and it's understood. Why convert to upper when writing config ?

At issue is when I do 'show run | inc 2607:ff70' and get nothing I scratch my head for a second. Then I try 'show run | inc 2607:FF70' and get what I expected. This seems inefficent, error-prone, and likely to drive Randy Bush crazy :) <ducks>

Not a huge deal I guess, but I just can't understand why I have to remember to explicitly capitialize all [a-f] when the default would have been lower-case (less fingers).

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: