I know you can set the polling interval in cacti that short.  I'm not sure
if it's a good thing for your switches or for your management station
though.  As far as tracking micro bursts, it depends on what you mean by
"microburst".  Most monitoring software only shows data over a 5 minute
average.  This is also the default for the interface counters on the switch
itself.  It is also tough to watch the output discards counters if the burst
isn't large enough to cause them.  I've seen people resort to using perfmon
or other software on the systems themselves to find problems.  What kind of
traffic are you looking at?


On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 9:07 AM, Daniel Hooper <[email protected]> wrote:

> What's the best way to graph or log them with 3550 switches?
>
> I once had a windows application that could do 1 second polls on interface
> counters that was really good, but I can no longer find this piece of
> software or even remember what it was called.
>
> -Dan
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to