On Wednesday, July 06, 2011 02:27:12 AM Timothy Riendeau 
wrote:

> Anyone know where to find a list of switches that support
> MLACP particularly metro ethernet switches?

For Metro-E switches, the new Cisco ME3600X/3800X units will 
support mLACP (as Cisco call it). I'm not yet sure when this 
feature will come, but it's certainly not at FCS. Ping your 
friendly SE for details. We're looking forward to using it 
when it becomes available.

On the Juniper side, in case you're interested, there isn't 
a Metro-E Access platform in the typical sense from this 
side of the field, but perhaps the MX80 would be something 
to look at. I can't confirm this, as I'm basing Multi-
chassis LAG in the MX to "hopefully" be the same across the 
entire MX family, but I could be wrong. One thing, though, 
there are different capabilities that the MX supports in 
current and future code re: Multi-chassis LAG, e.g., current 
implementations don't support Layer 3 terminations, e.t.c. 
Of course, future code will be far more interesting.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to