Here's what I'm working with. I'm filtering all ethertype 0x86DD which matches IPv6. I'm sniffing traffic leaving this VLAN and I can see that there's IPv6 traffic coming out and it does indeed have this ethertype.
> mac access-list extended macl-ipv6 > deny any any 0x86DD 0x0 > permit any any > ! > vlan access-map vacl-ipv6 10 > action forward > match mac address macl-ipv6 > ! > vlan filter vacl-ipv6 vlan-list 888 I've also tried filtering on destination MAC address 3333.0000.0000 0000.ffff.ffff and that didn't seem to work either. It seems like the 3750 is completely ignoring anything to do with IPv6, as if to spite me for not running the ipv4-and-ipv6 sdm template. I want this to completely filter out all IPv6, but nothing I'm doing seems to be working. Any guesses? I found a post on this list from 2009 (subject:filtering IPV6 for L2 bridged traffic) suggesting that other people have had this problem with the 3750 platform but I'm hoping that a solution has trickled down. I don't really want to run the ipv6 sdm template because my particular application requires the vlan template - the ipv6 sdm template doesn't support enough MAC addresses. Paul _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
