Hi Aaron,

You need to specify the chassis number as part of the SNMP community.
If your SNMP community is "public" then the SNMP query should be:

snmpwalk 1.2.3.4 -c public@chassis-1 -v 2c .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.217.1.3.1.1.6

snmpwalk 1.2.3.4 -c public@chassis-2 -v 2c .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.217.1.3.1.1.6


Regards.

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Aaron Riemer <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
>
>
> I am doing some research into the monitoring of our blade's switching
> fabric. I found that we can monitor via SNMP the ingress / egress blade
> fabric utilisation.
>
>
>
> I see from the command line you can issue: "show fabric switch
> [switch.number] utilization"
>
>
>
> What I can't seem to get is the SNMP data for the non active switch in a VSS
> configuration.
>
>
>
> For SNMP the MIB "ciscoCat6kCrossbarMIB" allows you to monitor the active
> switch fabric utilisation but not the standby. A walk of this MIB tree
> doesn't seem to show the standby switch at all.
>
> I see there is the CISCO-VIRTUAL-SWITCH-MIB but this looks to me more for
> monitoring the VSS status.
>
>
>
> Any SNMP / monitoring guru's able to help with this one?
>
>
>
> Cheers,
>
>
>
> Aaron.
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to