On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 20:28 +0000, James Urwiller wrote: > I am currently running VTP, but working on migrating to a platform > that does not support it. How can I remove VTP while keeping the > current vlan database in tact?? Will "vtp-mode no" do the trick? I > have been doing "vtp-mode transparent" for some nodes, but have heard > that can still cause issues with the vlan database.
Just issue "vtp mode transparent" or "vtp mode off". Both of these keep the local VLAN database, moving it into running-config. The former means the switch continues forwarding VTP datagrams, the latter does not. Choosing between these is a question of temper. I've personally been converting hundreds of switches like this when taking over management of them with no problems at all. I never heard of any VLAN database related problems. -- Peter _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
