How can I actually telnet into it or is there a web-interface? 
I mean does it have some IP address and it listens on some ports -than I
guess I'd need to add a static route via the particular GigE interface to
gain management access into the thing. 
Or does it maintain a separate VLAN for management please? 
 
adam
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Saku Ytti
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 9:59 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] RAD's MiTOP-E3/T3 SFP to ME3600x(-cx) ???

On (2013-04-04 02:41 +0200), Adam Vitkovsky wrote:
 
> > It's essentially SFP form-factor and SFP powered router
> Wow so it's like an IP MUX in an SFP kind a thing?

Yeah I think it's quite impressive. Control-plane (you can telnet to
configure) and forwarding-plane in such a form-factor.

But many might be fooled to think it's 0touch, but you should think of it as
separate router hanging on the switch rather than a optic. That is,
monitoring, configuration backups etc should be thought of.

--
  ++ytti
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to