Hi Adam,
L2PT Tunneling as well as L2PT Forward are supported on ME platforms but
recommended is L2PT Forward.
L2PT tunneling changes the destination mac address to well known Cisco mac
address and can only work with remote devices supporting L2PT tunneling. It
does not interoperate with non Cisco devices and even has limited support on
Cisco devices.
L2PT Forward does not change the destination mac address and can interoperate
with any Cisco or non Cisco devices. It also supports CE2.0 listed control
BPDUs. Due to these reasons, recommendation would be to use L2PT Forward.
Below are the documents which has details.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxtd2FyaXN8Z3g6NTk5NzNmNGUwOTYzZmFh
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxtd2FyaXN8Z3g6NzI1MTc2YzdjNGI2YmQ1NA

Best Regards,

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/horizontal06.jpg]

Waris Sagheer
Technical Marketing Manager
Service Provider Access Group
wa...@cisco.com<mailto:wa...@cisco.com>
Phone: +1 408 853 6682
Mobile: +1 408 835 1389

CCIE - 19901

<http://www.cisco.com/>

[Think before you print.] Think before you print.

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of
the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to
receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete
all copies of this message.

For corporate legal information go to: