On Fri, 28 Feb 2014, Pshem Kowalczyk wrote:

At this stage we wouldn't be able to justify the spend to go 100G on ASR9k. We're not talking about a single router or interface here, but quite a few. Besides - that doesn't really answer the question what to do with distances over the 10km.

When 40GE and 100GE was standardized it was taken for granted that 40GE would be used to connect servers and perhaps a little inter-building backhaul, because of that only up to 10km was standardized.

If you want longer reaches, you have to do 100GE.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se