On (2014-09-02 07:54 +0000), Vitkovský Adam wrote:

Hi Adam,

> I see, as the Cisco mpls label sec checks only the top-most label we have to
> make sure the topmost label is indeed the VPN label which applies only to
> opt.B with direct link peering and explicit null sig. scenario and possibly
> it could work in Option C where the PE (acting as ASBR&Inter-AS-RR) BGP-peers
> with CE via a direct link so that there is just the VPN label in the label
> stack.

If I understood that correctly, you propose in OptC we verify the top label,
we distributed it, so we should be able to verify it is one of ours.  However,
I don't think this brings us any security? Because the 2nd label, may be
another PE box, so attack is just going to have to take round-trip via one of
the allowed egress PE boxes, before going to the target PE?

For OptB, I think verification should be stack is 1 label deep, and we've just
ourselves advertised the label, so there should be no room for spoofing.

--
  ++ytti