One correction on the pricing, to get a 9001S and upgrade later is about
$11K list more than the difference between the 9001 and 9001-S. So if
you know you're going to need the full box in the near future, you can
save some money by getting the larger one up front.
Jeremy
On 10/6/2015 10:42 AM, James Jun wrote:
On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 02:37:36PM +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:
Another reason I wouldn't spend money on an MX80.
Even though the MX104 is a PPC-based platform, I'm okay to spend money
on that because the RE is modular.
Mark.
Honestly, I like the ASR 9001 lot better than MX 104.
I was somewhat dissapointed with MX104 when it came out; I was hoping it'd do
more bandwidth than MX80's 80 Gbps to get a couple more 10G ports out of it;
but it's practically MX80 on chassis form...and then we have craptastic and
overpriced RE that rivals Sup720 on BGP convergence.
Also, doesn't the MX104 have the same 256MB RLDRAM as MX80 (like mpc1), so you
can only do up to ~1 to ~1.5M IPv4 routes max in FIB? or has this been improved
on the MX104?
ASR 9001 on the other hand.. 120 Gbps in a 2U box and control-plane performance
is plenty fast (feels like RSP440), and up to 4M IPv4 in FIB so it has longer
life expectancy in DFZ. Also, you can start with ASR-9001-S (60 Gbps
license-locked version) to cheap out, and then upgrade to full 120 Gbps later.
The upgrade license cost is not penalizing as buying MX104/MX80 upgrade
licenses. You pretty much pay for the difference.
Best,
james
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/