Hi,

I have an ASR920 connected to an ME3600X-24CX over a gigabit fiber link, and I experience periodic cases of BFD flapping.

The fiber link is a point to point EoMPLS carrier circuit and there does not appear to be any interface errors, although one end does seem to have excessive output drops (That end is the majority traffic originating, too). I have engaged the carrier an after several closed tickets without action, I have received an analysis stating nothing appears wrong in the carrier mpls network go check my stuff. Although I understand the protocol, I don't know what else might cause these flaps other than faults in the carrier network. The only idea I have is perhaps there are microbursts >=1gbps causing the output drops and BFD isn't able to send its control packets out due to a backlogged queue. But that would be dumb, bfd should have a direct path to the output queue bypassing everything else for exactly this reason.

I have read a few bfd troubleshooting documents and I don't seem to fit into any of the listed scenarios. I would appreciate hearing from others who run bfd and any opinions or suggestions where to further look.
Mike-
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to