I have a vendor trying to turn up a 10gb link from their juniper mx to a cisco 4900M, using typical X2 LR.

The link was being upgraded from a functioning 1gb. Same traffic.

Even with switchport mode trunk and switchport allowed vlan none, with input counters in single digits, storm control immediately takes the port down after link up. There was negligible traffic on the link before or after the attempt.

Vendor's best idea is to turn off storm control, which I am only going to do with an isolated switch on site, anyone seen anything like this or have any other ideas?

Joe