From: Brian V <bvanb...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 5, 2021 3:25 PM
To: Matthew Loraditch <mloradi...@heliontechnologies.com>
Cc: cisco-voip@puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] UCCX Hold Music

[EXTERNAL]

Depends if you want your MoH to come from putting the call on hold (script step
Call Hold) or via Play Prompt
with the Call Hold Step, the internal leg is actually torn down from UCCX and
moved to CUCM's media streaming service.   MoH comes from the CTI ports and
you'd need different port groups per app to get different messaging .

The other option is in the script, use the Play Prompt step to play the
messaging from UCCX.  In this case the call is never put on Hold from a CUCM
point of view and the media stays with UCCX.  I think the step you can look at
is a Cascading Prompt (someone jump in if I have this wrong) and in that step
you can provide various static wav files and it will stitch them together for
you in a linear or random fashion.  One of the main drawbacks of this method is
your "hold time" between announcements is determined by the length of your .wav
file.  Make sure you set the play prompt to be "interruptible" so the first
available avent pulls the call.

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 2:19 PM Matthew Loraditch
<mloradi...@heliontechnologies.com<mailto:mloradi...@heliontechnologies.com>>
wrote:
Am I thinking about this right?

MOH for UCCX comes from the CTI ports.

If a customer wants different MOH per different queues they will need separate
CCGs for each queue?

If I do it that way I have to capacity plan per queue vs overall system or
application capacity?

For an agent based install, can I mix and match IVR port licenses? I don’t
believe so, and certainly not on a smart install on flex based on what I can
see.

They have intermittent announcements right now, which is what I usually do for
folks, I’m thinking this would be a nightmare.

Matthew Loraditch​
Sr. Network Engineer
p: 443.541.1518<tel:443.541.1518>
w: www.heliontechnologies.com<http://www.heliontechnologies.com/>