as to the wiring, your txmit pins should be identified as TX+ and TX-, rxmit
should be RX+ and RX- the wiring should be

TX+ to RX+
TX- to RX-

The clocking should be set as follows:

on one csu - internal or master
on the other - slave or network (terminology depends on vendor)

I would also try hdlc encapsulation first on your serial links because it is
easier to configure and see if that works first.

Also, above is generic, without knowing vendor and having manual can not do
much more.  Some models are fairly complicated and you have to be concerned
with line coding, framing ect.

mikey