Doesn't anybody know if there is a generic format of
trace file?

Because normally, I want to capture the file using a unix "sniffering" program,
and analyze using Sniffer Pro.

Since most of LAN environment are ethernet, is there a unix program which can capture
all the traffic on the wire? The reason I am looking for a unix program, is anything
in UNIX is more flexible to manipulate.

Thanks.