After reading a few previous posts about CCNA CCNP CCIE etc I decided to get
my 2 cents in. Until CCNP has a lab requirement it will be just a bunch of
tests. I agree someone with experience will make a MUCH better employee but
I think we all realize that anyone who is willing to study and use some
practice tests and maybe a Simulator product will certainly be able to pass
all the exams to be a CCNP. This being said almost all certs are just
guidelines and do not truly show real knowledge. I certainly am not worried
about the CCNA or CCNP being devalued(it may even happen to the CCIE in
time) because as long as one has the requisite experience and attitude they
will always find work. I actually find that as more and more "certified"
people come into the market who really dont know their job it increases my
job security as companies look more closely at prospective employee's and
normally pick the experience over just certs.

stuart