At 05:20 AM 5/25/2000 -0700, Michael Fountain wrote:

>   The SEQ field is a randomly generated number that the sender generates to
>show where it will start at.  It then increments this value by one for every
>packet it sends

For every BYTE it sends. TCP sequences every byte. The sequence number in a
packet is the sequence number of the first byte in the packet. The ACK
number is the byte number that the receiver expects next. The window field
specifies how many bytes the receiver is ready to receive.

Other than that, your message is right on.

Priscilla