>I dated a topologist once. Really I did. He claimed the most useful thing
>he learned from his studies was how to get a woman's brassiere off without
>taking her blouse off. ;-) It is possible, assuming a certain level of
>stretchiness.

A layering problem if I ever heard of one.

>He also claimed that, topologically, a donut and a coffee cup are the same
>shape. Think about it!
>
>Priscilla

Well, if you're going in that direction, remember that the bimodal
normal distribution is sometimes called the brassiere curve. For that
matter, one of the standard curves for component reliability is the
bathtub curve.  Perhaps hand-washing lingerie combines the two
techniques.