All,

This is a stupid question:
I have recently run into some information that has caused me to doubt
the way a switch works.

SITUATION:
R1(E0)------(2/6)Cat5500(2/7)------(e0)R2
A catalyst 5500 (no RSM) with 2 VLAN's configured: Vlan 1, Vlan 2,and 2
routers, both routers configured for VLAN 1 with 24 bit subnet mask, SC0 is
part of VLAN1
by default
R1 pings R2 OK
R2 pings R1 OK
Cat5500 pings both routers OK
SO far so good...
Now I moved 2/6 and 2/7 to VLAN 2, set the vtp domain name XY and try to
ping
R1 pings R2 OK
R2 pings R1 OK
Cat5500 cannot ping the routers,neither the routers can ping the Cat5500..
when you do a SH CDP NEIGH it sees both routers, SCO is still in VLAN1...I
moved SC0 into VLAN 2, doesn't make a difference... DOes anybody know why

It's much appreciated.
Thank you
Cristina