I know setting up ATM in a home lab is expensive, and that ATM blades for
the Catalyst 5000 are not cheap and even if you have one, you need a box
running the ATM LANE services.  I have a 3Com Corebuilder 7000 switch I
ripped out of our old 3Com network at work which is fully capable of running
these services, and since the Routing/Switching lab doesn't require the
setup of the 1010 box, can I configure the CB7000 as my ATM LANE box and
have the joys of learning ATM switching in my home if I get a blade for my
Cat5k?  Or does the Cat5k need to talk to a 1010?

Regards,
Mark