I work with numerous CCIE's and I am one exam (switching) away from my CCNP
and CCDP.  I would say that the CCNP is not directly comparable to the
'complete' CCIE qualification, rather just the drake test (the first bit).

I think it is as follows -

CCNA - 5%
CCNP or CCDP - 55%
CCNP and CCDP - 65%

Please note the percentages are against the CCIE drake test ONLY.

The CCIE lab is a different ball park altogether - get 2 years GOOD
experience before having a stab.  Note the CCIE drake test is only valid for
12 months...