        From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Wednesday, May 24, 2000 9:40 PM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        Working it too hard?

        I'm trying to setup a temporary LAN and would like my router to
handle DHCP
        requests.

        My question is what if I'm asking the router to do too much?

        I'm using a Cisco 1700 series router with about 75 computers running
win98.
        The 1700 only has 1 static route to another router (no heavy
processing like
        extensive access lists here) and nothing else. Am I asking this 1700
series
        to handle too much?

        How many PC's asking for IP's before it craps out? What if I use a
2600
        series instead? How many PC's could it handle?

        If it does crap out what can I expect as a reaction? It just
freezing or
        something more sinister?