H  e  l  l  o   from Sunny San Jose.

I've just arrived back in my hotel after sucessfully completing the CCIE R/S
lab.

My brain isn't quite functioning correctly yet, but I wanted to pass along a
great deal of thanks to everyone in the group.  I have learned so much from
each of you.  I'll try to continue to lurk and help when I can.

Here's a bit of my story:

I'm 33.  Got my first computer when I was 13.  20 years.  Wow!!!  Fell in
love with programming.  At 17, I got a job teaching college and was building
custom IBM compatibles for a friends business.  I taught continuing
education computer classes.  Did that for three years to help pay for my own
college.  By my third year of college I burned out on programming.  I'd
finally come out of my shell and found that I didn't want to sit in a cube
all day and write code.  I then went to work for a small telcom interconnect
and learned all about PBXs.  Did that for 7 years.  I decided to make the
leap back into "real" computers and data.  I went to work for the phone
company as a field data technician.  Did that for 1 1/2 years and then
became a Sales Engineer.  Been doing that for about 3 years now.  I've got
lots of hands on and plenty of different certifications(Cisco, Bay/Nortel,
Fore/Marconi, etc...).  Last year, I decided to work towards my CCIE.  I
also decided to get all the intermediate certifications along the way.
Starting from last April to November, I did my CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP.  In
January of this year I did my Voice access specialization.  In February I
passed the CCIE written.  I've been hitting my engineering lab at work ever
since.  I did 4 hours a nite every day of the week and 12 hours each day of
the weekend since then.  Its been 3 1/2 months of hell.  My wife has been
very understanding.

Boy, was that a long rambling paragraph.  Hope my highschool english teacher
isn't reading this!

Thanks again,
    Joe Martin
    CCIE#5917, and a couple of other things...