Chuck Larrieu wrote:

> You may want to review the result of the network command under the EIGRP
> routing process. While I have not looked at this in IOS versions above 11.2,
> I do know that networks are placed into the process, not interfaces, in 11.2

Correct. The network statement in the EIGRP process specifies the interfaces
that will participate in EIGRP adjacencies with neighbours.

However remember that routing summaries for EIGRP can be placed under the
interface in the configuration.

> For EIGRP, there is no option for specifying a single address into the
> routing process. One can place network 10.1.1.1 into the EIGRP process, but
> doing a show run should yield network 10.0.0.0 in the running config.

That has changed in later releases of IOS 12 as you can now put an inverse mask
in just like OSPF.

Darren Ward - CCNP, CCDP, MCP