Thank you Chuck,

I was meaning interfaces having an IP address matching
the network statement.

For example, let's say we have routerA, with two
ethernet e1 and e2
e1 has IP 10.10.11.1 and 192.168.11.1 as secondary
e2 has IP 10.10.12.1 and no secondary
EIGRP process is configured with the following
network 192.168.0.0
redistribute connected

Only e1 will participate in EIGRP, ie build some
neighbours relationship and exchange routing table.
In the routing table there will be 192.168.0.0
networks as well as 10.10.11.0 and 10.10.12.0
networks.

My question is why should one use this, instead of :
e1 has IP 10.10.11.1 and no secondary
e2 has IP 10.10.12.1 and no secondary
EIGRP process is configured with the following
network 10.10.0.0
passive interface e2

Thanks for your help,