Ah!
I wondered as to the references to the SupII but the statements contradicting
that in the pertaining documents for the SupIII.
Thanks very much for clearing that up for me as I was _very_ misunderstood and
don't mind being shown the right answer.
After all how else am I going to learn but to open my big mouth and get shot
down ;-)
Besides it saves anyone else asking the stupid questions if I ask them all!

Tell me if I'm right about the following:

The 3 x 1.2Gbps BUS's on a 550x feed different card slots in the chassis.
In the top couple of slots BUS A, B and C are available, in other slots only 1
or 2 of the 3 BUS's link to them.
By repeating the frame onto all BUS's allows the SupII to communicate with
every card slot from 2-12.
However really it is only communicating at real throughput of 1.2Gbps but
across all 3 BUS's simultaneously.

The SupIII bridges the BUS's and so can select the BUS that will reach it's
correct destination card and use only it.

Last stupid question:

So I remember that the frame is actually copied to all ports and I think it's
EARL that decides which port will transmit the frame and all others drop it.
This must mean however that the frame is only copied to every port on that BUS
and not every port in the chassis?

Darren

PS Thanks for the update on the engine in the 2926G compared to the 2926, I
wish Cisco could update their pages.