Not that this non-CCIE's opinion is worth any more than you pay for it
( :-> ) but one might look at things this way.

No one would expect to become the Olympic Marathon Gold Medal Winner by
training in a "boot camp" for a couple of months. No one would expect to
play center court at Wimbleton after only a couple of months of tennis camp.
These achievements can be had only after long hard consistent practice and
competition over a long period of time.

The sad thing is that these days we don't equate the intellectual part of
our beings with the physical. Some folks even buy their PhD's from diploma
mills, and use that to fake their way into any number of opportunities.
Given that kind of possibility, no wonder there is a whole world of mills
for everything from diplomas to certifications.

To me, a good boot camp can be a valuable part of any training program, in
the same way that top athletes might go through special preparation the
month or two before the Olympics, or before the Big Event. Not as a bypass
for long hours of preparation, but as a means of enhancing that training, of
creating special focus on the event.

I do think it is possible to "mill" the CCNA and CCDA. I think it is more
difficult to do so at the CCNP level. Someone with a great mind and a bit of
preparation might get by. A big if, but maybe. But based on what a number of
folks who have faced the lab successfully or otherwise, have told me,
there's about an ice cube's chance of attaining the CCIE as the result of a
bootcamp of any kind. This is not to say that for one who is prepared, that
a bootcamp can't provide an edge.

Chuck