Ladies and Gentleman,

  I don't see this violating the NDA, but if so.. I apologize.

  When you take the lab, do they give you a block of ips for IP, and cable ranges for appletalk and let you address the devices the way you and the directions dictate?  Is your topology created by you, or do they tell you "hook router 1 into router 2 , using both Serial 0 interfaces"?

I'm just trying to find out how you know what topology you're drawing out and how much design in the addressing they do for ya.

My thoughts are they give you address space, you address devices based on the lab's needs, and they tell you in the directions what cables go where, then you can draw the topology out.

Richard Holland
CCNP,MCSE
OpenBSD