So I can't make a VPN connection to my NT box over NAT.. Well that sucks.
Thanks for the info!

Greg
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ric Messier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 2:01 PM
Subject: Re: VPN through NAT

VPNs don't typically work through NAT. The reason is that the packet is
altered by the router on the way through the network. As a result, the
signature is altered and the packet is discarded as being corrupt. The
originating IP is used as part of the authentication mechanism for the
packets coming through. It's a security feature.

Ric