                From:   Greg Smythe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Tuesday, May 30, 2000 12:55 PM
                To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Subject:        VPN through NAT

                Hello --

                Has anyone done this before? I'm trying to get a VPN
connection to work over
                NAT. I see the translation happening, but my PC gets as far
as "verifying
                username/pass" and then it errors out saying the server
didn't respond
                (timeout).
                show ip nat tra:

                tcp 3.3.3.3:1056  102.153.102.251:1056 1.1.1.1:1723
1.1.1.1:1723

                3.3.3.3 is the IP of my router's internet interface.
102.153.102.251 is my
                inside IP of my pc. 1.1.1.1 is my VPN server on the
internet.

                If I give my PC an internet IP then it works, so it has
something to do with
                the NAT. No filters are in effect on the interfaces on my
router.

                Thanks!

                Greg

                Report misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]