Well, at the Bay/Nortel acclear class I went to they
stated that spanning tree didn't care about VLANs and
BPDUs, etc effected all VLANs. This is 802.1q. Also,
the acclear supports multiple spanning tree groups
(STGs) per VLAN by putting propiertary header on
spanning tree packets for other STGs. Default spanning
tree group (1) is normal. I haven't ran into anyone
using multiple-STGs however and haven't looked into
this in much detail (trace, etc) yet.

--- Andy Harding <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>