Nigel,

Wow this hits home for me.  I mean, really home.  I grew up in Newport News
and lived in Hampton for a few years and then Williamsburg before moving to
Atlanta and ultimately working for Cisco Systems.

Joel Barrett who tech edited my book "CCNA Training Guide", ran a very
successful CNE and CCNA group in Atlanta.  I have copied
him on this message and maybe he can offer some advice on how to get it
going and get participation.  He worked with a Cisco
Training partner and obtained use of their lab for the group's use.  I'll
let him tell you more about how it worked.

If you need any help getting the local Cisco people involved, let me know
and I'll see if there is any help I can provide.

As for getting people who want to be involved, I  would try to find out
where the local Networking Academies are and
try to get their enrollment involved.  You may even be able to use their
labs.  I looked up some of the Academies in the
area and they are:

         Thomas Nelson Community College
         Hampton City Schools
         Hampton University
         Tidewater Community College
         Aviation Academy ??? I don't know where this is.  It's listed in
Newport News.

Good luck,

Kevin

At 11:19 PM 6/6/00 +0100, Nigel Taylor wrote:
>Hi All,
>         Well I decided to make a final plea to all in reference to
> starting a CCNP/CCIE studygroup in the HamptonRoads(Hampton, Norfolk, VA
> Beach, Chesapeake) area.  Anyone interested please contact me
> off-line.  I've already made contact with the local Cisco reps.  I just
> need to know if this will be supported by the masses.
>
>Thanks
>
>Nigel

Kevin S. Mahler, CCNP, CCDA, CCSE
Systems Engineer, Cisco Systems
Atlanta, GA

Author of CCNA Training Guide, New Riders, ISBN 0735700516
Tech Editor of CCDA Exam Certification Guide, Cisco Press, ISBN 0735700745
Revision Author of Internetworking Technologies Handbook Third Edition,
Cisco Press

See my homepage at <http://www.kmahler.com>