Just bought a used 2501 for lab and received copy of working boot screen
with it. But when I boot it up it goes through a slarp and get an ip address
but continues to give message of ' NVRAM invalid due to possible write
erase'. If it doesn't go through slarp it comes to the setup dialog and am
unable to type anything via the console port or the aux port. After the
router slarps , I am able to access the router via aux port but not the
console and I am not able to get into enable mode because there is no enable
password set according to the router. I've tried auto install with a tftp
server to no avail. The configuration register is 2012 and during the boot
sequence I am unable to break into rom monitor or rx boot mode.
HHHEEEEEELLLLP.

Larry Puckette - LANCP
Temple-Inland
Network Analyst