I'm gonna expose a little more of my ignorance
(yeah, yeah, you've all seen it before... ;-)

> From: Tan Choh oon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> I had 2501 router, 1 Ethernet , 2 Syn port and 1 Aux port.

OK so far :-)

> I like to coonect the 56k dial up modem to serial 0 , and
> configure it to DDR to ISP.
> My question is how do i configure the serial 0
> ( syn interface)  to dial out ?

Weeell, you could use an ISDN TA;  that'd talk sync serial
to the router, and ISDN to the ISP.  Seem to remember that
you config the TA w/ the number to dial, and off she goes.
(can this also work w/ in-band dialling?  Can't remember...)

> As far as i knew only asyn serial, Aux port and syn/async
> serial is capable to do dial up.
> Can Sync serial port do dial out ??

I'm gonna say 'Yes', considering the above.

Seems like you could hang a sync POTS modem off the port (USR
Couriers will go sync, I think) -- but doesn't the far
end have to be sync too, then ?   I'da thunk the ISP would
be expecting an async modem, so what happens ?

To further add to the confusion, I'm holding a box
with a sync connection one side, and an async connection
on the other;  from Interface Systems Inc, 5555 Interface Dr,
Ann Arbor MI 48103    Tel 313 769 5900.

So maybe that's what you need.  Call them and ask them.
Can't give you this one (no power supply, and it belongs
to one of our data vendors).

I'd hang a POTS modem off the AUX and suffer with 38.4,
I guess.   Got a better plan ?

> If can please give sample config.

Sorry ;-)

Tone