                From:   Palikhey, Niraj [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Friday, June 16, 2000 2:22 AM
                To:     '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
                Subject:        Access-lists question??

                Hi,
                I am trying to understand something with access-lists. They
say that when
                you put in a new entry to an existing access-list, it will
be written at the
                end of the existing list. So If I have a deny any any at the
end of the list
                and I add a new entry that says permit 10.20.16.20, this
will not work as
                this entry will be added at the end of the list. But when I
do a sh
                access-lists or a sh run, I see that the new entry is not at
the bottom of
                the existing list. I am trying to understand, even though it
is not at the
                bottom, when the access-list is read, will it find it before
the deny any
                any or not? Moreover, I have read that the Cisco IOS will
rearrange the
                list. Is this the reason that the new entry does not show at
the bottom but
                will work as entered in the end?
                Please advise.
                Thank you.
                Kind regards,
                Niraj

                Report misconduct and Nondisclosure violations to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit our Website : http://www.traveland.com.au

Disclaimer - This message and any attachments are confidential and may contain
privileged information intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error please notify Traveland Pty Ltd immediately by return
email. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may
not necessarily reflect the views of Traveland Pty Ltd.