"Swart, Douwe" wrote:

> Use a terminal emulator (I know Procomm Plus does this) and cut the
> access list.  Put it to notepad and edit the list just the way that
> you want it in the correct order.

You will need to prepend a 'no access-list xxx' or 'no ip access-list
extended xyzzy' (or whatever for a named access list) before you do
the copy/paste or else you will not overwrite the existing list.

And I agree with the follow-up post that you should disable the
access-group (or whatever) on any active production interfaces before
you do the change as it can be disruptive.  You can get away without
doing it depending on the importance of possibly interrupting traffic
for the few seconds it takes to paste the configs back in (about the
same risk as unplugging/reconnecting an ethernet interface on a
production network, with a few exceptions).

Jeff Kell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>